Gamad claim that they were the first made by Elkanno and favored by him. They are old and ancient; practicing their way of life even before time. They are the masters of the Shaddai Mountains, living deep within the bases of the mountains forming tight knit communities which they live out their days working and worshipping. They strive to further their race and are focused on converting many other humanoids to Elkanno.
Personality: Gamad are tough and emotionally hardened. They see themselves as a cactus or as they call it, a sabra; hard and thorny on the outside, soft on the inside. They have a strong sense of justice in the world and try to pursue it at all cost; however it can be vindictive at times. They follow the traditions of their religion zealously and literally. They are sometimes judgmental, thinking that they are better than other races since they believe that Elkanno blesses them above all other.
Physical Description: Gamad stand 4 to 4 ½ feet tall with olive skin. They are broad chested and stout, weighing as much as a human. They have raven black hair and both men and women let their hair grow out. Gamad men take pride in their beards and let their hair around their temples grow. Gamad men often have strong eyebrow ridges and large wide noses, while females have long and slender noses. They wear robes of brown or black with leather belts.
GAMAD DWARF RACIAL TRAITS
- +2 Constitutions, –2 Charisma.
- Medium size.
- A dwarf ’s base land speed is 20 feet. However, dwarves can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load.
- Darkvision out to 90 feet.
- Stonecunning: This ability grants a dwarf a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls, stonework traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like. Something that isn’t stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. A dwarf who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search check as if he were actively searching, and a dwarf can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A dwarf can also intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up. Dwarves have a sixth sense about stonework, an innate ability that they get plenty of opportunity to practice and hone in their underground homes.
*Stability: Dwarves are exceptionally stable on their feet. A dwarf has a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison.
- +3 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against giants types.
- +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against creatures of the giant type (such as trolls, and hill giants).
- +2 racial bonus on Craft checks that are related to stone or metal.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Dwarven. Bonus Languages: Giant, Gnome, Terran, Undercommon, Guyahic.
- Favored Class: Fighter or Cleric.