Personality: Rhoda gnomes are haughty and proud. They have innate feeling of entitlement and rights other races can’t even comprehend. They love sarcasm and wit, and look down on others who can’t appreciate it. They avoid confrontation and allocate blame to others. They are thin skinned and hate being joked about. They have deep wells of resentment, often waiting years and creating outlandish events to get back at others.
Physical Description: Rhoda gnomes stand at 3 ½ feet. They have olive skin and dark wavy red hair. Male rhoda gnomes prefer their hair and beards short. Female rhoda gnomes tend to grow their hair and wear them in elaborate styles, using ribbons and scarves to hold the hair back from the faces. Their eyes are deep emerald. Both male and females wear dark green or light brown chiton. They often wear ornate jewelry and arm bracelets that are plant themed.
*Relations: *Rhoda gnomes have tense relations with most races. They wish to be seen as tolerant and accepting of all races but are often hypocritical. They are neutral towards humans and most elves. They hate the teikoku, seeing them as control freaks and suppressors of freedom. They are suspicious of ruzais and gamads’ mysticism. They avoid dealing with the nezumi and the moko, stereotyping them as dirty and diseased. They look down at the other small races believing that they are superior to them.
Alignment: Rhoda gnome love freedom, and desire it above all else. They are individualistic and believe in themselves to make the right choices. They are all flavors of Chaotic, but the majority of them are chaotic neutral while more are good then evil.
Rhoda Gnome Lands:
RHODA GNOME RACIAL TRAITS
- +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma, –2 Strength –2 Wisdom.
- Small size. +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, –4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits 3/4 those of Medium characters.
- A gnome’s base land speed is 20 feet.
- Low-light vision.
- Weapon Familiarity: Gnomes may treat nagaika as martial weapons rather than exotic weapons.
- Woodland Stride: A rhoda gnome may move through any sort of undergrowth (such as natural thorns, rhodas, overgrown areas, and similar terrain) at his normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any other impairment. However, thorns, rhodas, and overgrown areas that are enchanted or magically manipulated to impede motion still affect him.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusions.
- Add +1 to the Difficulty Class for all saving throws against illusion spells cast by gnomes. This adjustment stacks with those from similar effects, such as the Spell Focus feat.
- +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against creatures of the giant type (such as ogres, trolls, and hill giants).
- +2 racial bonus on Listen checks.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Gnome. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant.
- Favored Class: Bard