Personality: Gin elves are often distant, never willing to tell others all they know. They are indifferent to the plights of others and usually get involved in situations if it benefits them. They have a reputation of being meticulous and careful. They are business minded in all their affairs, always looking to fill up their coffers.
Physical Description: Gin elves are tall, being between 6 to 6½ feet tall. Their skin clings to their bones and they have long limbs and digits. Their skin has undertones of gray and their eyes are slanted with irises of amber. Their chins are long and pointed and like all elves, they don’t grow facial hair. Their ears are long and slender. Their hair is worn long and is silver. They wear wool kimono’s in earth tones of gray, brown, green.
Relations: Gin elves try to be neutral with all races, and prefer to base people on economic class. They have a long history with Teikoku elves but have grown tired of their pompous and privileged attitude. They have good relations with Kyostu elves of the West and the East. Humans have become lucrative trade partners and they would like to continue in their relationships. They are fiercely competitive with Rhoda gnomes due to their control of most of the banking in the East. They have created good relationships with Nezumis due to their willingness to work in the mines. They prefer not to make military or political alliances, but are almost always willing to make trade agreement.
Alignment: Gin elves are the most likely of all elves to be neutral. That being said, they are often lawful and stick within their traditions and rules that govern their society.
Common Elves’ Lands: Gin elves live in the Northern part of the Terasu Mountains where their nation has reigned from before time. Their lands are ruled by merchant lords who control the economy of the region.
GIN ELF RACIAL TRAITS
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, –2 Strength –2 Constitution.
- Medium size.
- An elf ’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- Immunity to sleep spells and effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- Low-light vision.
- Weapon Proficiency: Gin elves are automatically proficient with the wakashi, shortbow, and composite shortbow.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against trolls. Gin elves are constantly at war with trolls and have learned special techniques for fighting them.
- +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against trolls: this represents special training that Gin elves undergo, during which they learn tricks from previous generations developed in their battles with trolls. Any time a creature loses its Dexterity bonus (if any) to Armor Class, such as when it is caught flatfooted, it looses its dodge bonus, too.
- +2 racial bonus on Craft and Profession checks.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. An elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Elven. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnome, Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Wizard or Monk.