Ruzai elves were a long kept secret of the empire in the northern lands and weren’t know to most until about 900 years ago (it is rumored that an elite group of Ruzai elves offered their services to the humans of Ironlance when the Emperor sieged the city).
p. Deep in the harsh environment of the Lightless Forest, Ruzai elves thrive under the black canopy. Ruzai elves respect nature the most out of their cousins and it is intertwined with everyday life for them. They are best known for their wine, stealth, and verdant magic.
Personality: Ruzai elves are calm, quiet and patient. They rarely give their opinion unless asked or if it is of the utmost importance. Most are very detailed oriented and perfectionist in whatever they do. It is quiet common for a Ruzai elves to practice sports of climbing and racing are common leisure activities.
Physical Description: Ruzai elves are taller then the average high elf but shorter then imperial elves; however, they share the slim frames of their brethren. They stand anywhere from five to six feet tall and typically weigh 150, with females usually four to five inches smaller and lighter. They are agile but they have a much weaker bones then the other races. They have pure white skin and have jet black hair.
Their eyes are more slanted, with colors ranging from black to dark green with no whites in their eyes. Males have slightly shorter ears while females’ ears are almost as long as imperial elves. They have no facial or body hair and all men shave their heads. On the other hand, females have their hair anywhere from their ears to their shoulders.
Tattoos cover male bodies, while it is consider impure for females to have them. Since the Lightless Forest is incredibly humid and hot, they prefer very little clothing, usually a loin cloth and toga for males and a light robe for women. However, when traveling outside their homelands they wear a special type of clothing and veil to cover their entire body from the harsh rays of the sun.
Relations: Ruzai elves have many enemies and few allies. From a young age, Ruzai elves are trained to hate elves with a burning passion, especially imperial elves. It is not uncommon to see a Ruzai elf dual an imperial elf at dusk if they encountered the day before. Humans are of little concern but they treat them on a person to person basis like most other races. Their main allies and good friends are viridian gnomes whom they trade most of their wears and goods making them political and economic allies.
Alignment: Ruzai elves are extremely free spirited but stick rigidly with tradition. A common Ruzai elf proverb is “without tradition, what is to remember?” They lean more towards law than chaos, while their morals tend more towards good then evil. Their society revolves around the Dieto, which makes all the rules and regulations.
Ruzai Lands: When the Ruzai elves were cast out of the Imperial Empire they retreated south, into the Lightless Forest. Their, they established their capital city of Aidakane beneath the kulii trees. However, the majority of the Ruzai elves live in small communities numbering anywhere from sixty to three hundred souls. They live in small reclusive villages established in well defended areas on the forest floor. These villages are usually next to streams that connect to the three main rivers that run through the Lightless Forest. They hunt, fish, and gather kulii berries, which litter the forest. They have little care what happens to the outside world except when it come to Imperial elves, which they’ll go out of their way to damage at any point. In addition their kulii wine is considered prize commodity all over Kailjius.
Language: Ruzai elves speak Elven. Most learn common and usually another language.
RUZAI ELF RACIAL TRAITS
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom –2 Constitution -2 Cha.
- Medium size.
- A Ruzai elf ’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Immunity to sleep spells and effects, and a +3 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- Spell resistance equal to 6 + class levels.
- Weapon Proficiency: Ruzai elves are automatically proficient with the kama, kuri, and short bows.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks.
- +2 racial bonus on Climb, Jump, and Move Silently checks.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against all other elves (not including ruzai elves but including Imperial elves, high elves, and silver elves).
- -1 racial penalty on saves against Arcane Magic.
- Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds a ruzai elf for 1 round. On subsequent rounds, they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area.
- Curse of the Emperor: For all purposes ruzai elves cannot cast arcane magic or read magic whether it is from a scroll or a book. In addition they can not learn read magic spells.
- Automatic Languages: Elven. Bonus Languages: Common, Gnome, Giant, Dwarven.
- Favored Class: Druid or Ninja